'Treasure Island' Book Nook

Hi Everybody! I know I kind of dropped off the face of the Earth after my last piece, I just ran out of inspiration (and space). But a friend of mine reached out lately and sent me a video of some book nooks and asked if I’d make her something.

I had a treasure chest that I hadn’t done anything with yet…

So I decided to do a Treasure Island piece, and built up a beach around it…

I used the Glowforge for the Treasure Island sign and front frame, from medium draftboard. Mostly used chipboard and cardstock for the rest, the water in the back is some UV resin with blue mica powder for the shimmer.

It was a fun piece to get me back in to things, I actually already have another piece done, I was so excited to keep going that I missed posting this one. Not sure what’s next now…

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

43 Likes

Very creative. Thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

I am glad you are back creating! Thanks for the photos and write up.

12 Likes

You always do such a fabulous job!

12 Likes

Wonderful! Lots of detail to get lost in, even in just the treasure chest. I love that you added texture to the outside of the box as well.

13 Likes

This turned out awesome

8 Likes

If I had all of your book-nooks, and only displayed the best ones, I still wouldn’t have any room left for books. They are all the best ones.

16 Likes

The sides are a great touch. Excellent!

10 Likes

I always love and admire your creativity! I’m sure your friend was extremely excited to get this! Thanks so much for always sharing your lovely displays with us.

9 Likes

I always feel so humbled seeing your amazing creations. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creations!

10 Likes

I want to ask if its really smart to put all the tiles on the sides? Based on how tightly packed my wife’s bookshelf is I’m sure those wouldn’t last long

7 Likes

They are actually basket-weaved strips of card stock wrapped around a heavy piece of card stock like a giant panel. But yes, a book sliding in an out right next to it, a corner could catch and damage it, that’s true.

7 Likes

Love all the colors, and lighting, super fun. Thx for sharing.

8 Likes

Really cool!

8 Likes

So cool: the weaving, the lighting, the flowers!

7 Likes

What a phenomenal job! I love it!

4 Likes