Tree house improvements

Besides making the trim for the treehouse, I also cut out a wooden box to put around the solar attic fan that I disassembled and put the fan part inside the treehouse… though what do you do with all that solar power when you turn off the fan?

You can pick up a cheap $10 solar controller from eBay, and route the power to a marine deep cycle car battery, and then use a DC inverter to power lights and Alexa. And your laptop!

(So now it’s more of an off the grid tiny home. )

38 Likes

No photo of it in the tree?

4 Likes

Yes, more pics!

5 Likes

More pics! More pics!

4 Likes

Well… it is next to a tree! :slight_smile: the plumeria wasn’t going to hold it.

Today I installed the top bunk…

9 Likes

Yes we have them in Florida too, Barely deserves to be called a tree, but the smell is famous, and the flowers terrific.

4 Likes

That is a fantastic tree house. Who will be sleeping on those bunks? Is it an Air BNB? :wink:

5 Likes

Hehe, the kids! Not air bnb. They wanted a little grass shack treehouse. But it is awesome.

3 Likes

Too bad. I could use a tropical getaway right about now!

2 Likes

It has taken over a year and a half to build in spurts. :slight_smile: the kids love it. It makes the quarantine more tolerable to have a secret getaway. Once the inside and outage is finished we will work on the trap door. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

very cool!

1 Like

Thank you @fractalsuar

1 Like

Wow, what a cool treehouse! I think it would definitely compensate for quarantine. Be sure to keep us posted on the progress.

3 Likes

I want to live in a treehouse! Great job!!! Can’t wait to see what else you do!

2 Likes

Mahalo @cynd11 and @designvh619
Next will be a laser cut railing to remind the kids not to try to get out of the upper bunk.

It is a fun project that stemmed from one of our kids request after watching captain underpants, and then watching some YouTube how to videos. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow! Pretty amazing project! What wonderful memories you will all share through the build.

2 Likes