Tri-folding abstract geometric forms greeting card

This is a tri-folding card you can make from an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock. On the innermost panel you might want to glue a contrasting piece of paper.

See the attached image for instructions on which layers to mark as engrave, score, or cut. I found 75 LPI engraving sufficient if you don’t mind (or even enjoy) the horizonal lines texture. Otherwise if you’re willing to wait an extra 10 minutes or so, go for 125 LPI.

Download tri-fold card.svg

card-layers

85 Likes

Lovely! And i like the low LPI effect on that design! :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, very cool! Thanks so much for the design!

1 Like

The card is awesome, but more so the graphics to show the settings should become a thing, very clear! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Nice job! Thank you for sharing your file and settings!

Lovely design and thanks for sharing! Now I have to find someone worthy :grinning:

Neat design and colors! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. This is very nice!

Beautiful work and very generous of you!

Thanks for the file.

I decided to play with it on 2 tone card stock, and am quite happy with how it came out.

12 Likes

I just got my GlowForge yesterday, so this all seems a bit like magic still. I really appreciate your posting this design and including the settings. What a beautiful card!

1 Like

What a beautiful design, thank you for posting…and the settings. I have a friend who is unexpectedly in the hospital (not C-19, thankfully). I think this will cheer her up.

I haven’t ventured into cutting paper with my Glowforge as of yet. I could have made my wedding cards with it last year but was too worried about it catching fire. My Silhouette had troubles with my heavier paper (Bazzill) and probably could have had more success with my Glowforge and a lot less mess ups. What did you put behind the paper to keep it from getting dirty and to also hold it down so it wouldn’t have lots of little pieces flying everywhere during a cut? Thank you for such a beautiful design.