Triskele Experiment

So, 140# watercolor paper isn’t quite the right medium, at least for smaller sizes like this, but the engraving looks kind of cool, and it was a fun experiment.

83 Likes

Assume you got from Hattifant?

1 Like

Yes. :slight_smile: Looking for the link now, thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

Etsy or direct? They have a “pay what you want” model on their site.

1 Like

Her website was confusing; I kept going in circles. Ended up getting redirected to Etsy, and that was easier. I got this set:

There are 5 PDFs, and each one has 3-4 designs in it.

17 Likes

Tutorial video was really cool.

22 Likes

How many of them have they made that they know exactly how much sellotape to pull off the roll :wink:

In the meantime, I’m off to get some right now, they look really cool!!!

4 Likes

Oh, the pattern looks really cool.

1 Like

Tempting to try to reverse engineer it, but then mental math kicks in and $4 sounds awfully cheap.

13 Likes

same - for that $4 you also get that good feeling of making someone’s day with a sale

10 Likes

Very nice! :grinning:

2 Likes

Those are kewl… A site that shows how to design templates is
https://bookzoompa.wordpress.com/tag/paper-globe/

but again for a few bucks, always nice to reward an etsy designer !!!

Afterthought… these would make an interesting Advent calendar… make each one with the countdown number and put a small treat or tchotchke in each one. Or even as a gift box on its own

11 Likes

But … but … wouldn’t putting a tchotchke in an Advent calendar be considered cultural appropriation? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That is so cool!

1 Like

Do you have a link to the original GF post on the computer screen behind your paper craft ball?

Yeah, it’s from @Jules, in the Snapmarks thread:

1 Like

Hey Geek2nurse that looks amazing… very effective

1 Like

Ok, in the spirit of the season, I jumped on the bandwagon and made my own triskeleton:

Am I doing this right?

Very draft quality quick prototype.

20 Likes

Looks like you got it!

2 Likes

Looks good to me!

1 Like