Truck Tailgate

These are wonderful! Which font did you use for the lettering? It looks really nice!

Thank you! The first four came with the purchased designs. Unfortunately, I used different fonts as I created the others. I have collected fonts for many years and have thousands.

Note to self: If you go to the trouble of keeping a spreadsheet of your projects ā€¦ please take a moment to add the font name. :pensive:

5 Likes

I learned that lesson too. :grinning: Iā€™m looking for a good script font to make cubicle name plates for my team at work. There are so many out there itā€™s hard to pick. Thanks for the share, I love your designs!

Corey

1 Like

If there was a particular one you liked ā€¦ I could try to find the name for you.

I use WordMark.It to help me choose from the fonts installed on my computer.

4 Likes

A fellow font addict!
Any secret tricks to managing them?
I have a couple of tools but Iā€™m not using them effectively which is really stupid.

1 Like

Well, only for about 20 years. :smiley:

I just install them ā€¦ and use the WordMark.It with the text I plan to use to help me find what feels right for the project.

3 Likes

I notice that without making a conscious effort, I tend to choose those that fall earlier in the alphabet. :smiley:
I use a Mac, though, and have recently started making groups (ā€œcollectionsā€) in Font Book. That helped a little. But in order for it to be ideal, I need to go through all of my fonts. I ā€œonlyā€ have 1631 installed right now, with many that I still need to install. :joy: I should do this before I go any further.

Do you use the free WordMark.It or the Pro?

I have used the free one that Creative Fabrica has on their site but I havenā€™t been using it.

1 Like

I just use the free one. It works well for my use. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good tip!

Yes! I have been notorious for clicking ā€œObject to Pathā€ in Inkscape and then realizing I forgot which font I used :woman_facepalming:t2: - my pet peeve! Iā€™m getting better at writing it down (I havenā€™t gotten a project spread sheet going yet ~ itā€™s my New Yearā€™s Resolution for ā€˜22!).

2 Likes

Do you sell these mostly on line, or in person? I havenā€™t had the confidence (or budget) to ā€œmass produceā€ something PRE-orders (I pretty much make things as theyā€™re ordered). Iā€™d love to do this to have things pre-made and ready to sell, Iā€™m just afraid of ending up with unsold product.

I only create for fun and gifts. :slight_smile: So, I made one set for myself, and four sets as gifts.

The truck design and the first four came from @donnalynn829 's Etsy site. You can see her post in my link above.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. You friends are fortunate! :blush:

I love your cardboard filing system, too! :+1:t3: (Reminds me of those year-round greeting card filing systems, only a larger, Glowforge version. :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Thank you! I was ready to deliver the first batch, and knew they needed a home. So, I calculated how big to make the box for all the planned celebration themes. It may be simple cardboard, but, I love mine! Everything has a home, tailgates can be stored with the truck filler ā€¦ itā€™s a happy place. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So glad to see you expanding on my original design! I love when folks do that!

2 Likes

The Merry Christmas font is nice and thick, that is what I am looking for. Thanks for the info on WordMarkIt. Iā€™m going to check them out today :grinning:

Corey

2 Likes

I actually have been wondering which one I used for that one also. So often I have to edit fonts to get what I want for the Glowforge ā€¦ this one was perfect without any edit. Will let you know!

1 Like

The Merry Christmas was the Sheraton font.

Not sure where I got it. The sites Iā€™ve used the last few years show a very different font for Sheraton.

Not familiar with this site ā€¦ but looks like the right Sheraton.
https://textfonts.net/sheraton-font.html

Also, there are a couple of ads with a download button ā€¦ be sure to go down closer to the bottom for the real download button.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Corey

1 Like