Truck Tailgate

I found the awesome truck tailgate by @donnalynn829 Oct '20. I bought her file and then continued to create tailgates throughout this year. I made five tailgates and started with her four files to fill it.

https://community.glowforge.com/t/the-hubbys-still-away/75486

Realized I would need a way to store mine … so, made up a box to accommodate a year’s worth, along with little labeled dividers and folders. All cut on the Glowforge. Of course, I made five sets.

Then I made another four sets in the spring. I had some files that I’ve collected over the years, some from Silhouette Design Store, some from Daily Art Hub, and some I created from png files.

Spring … I made two more sets for summer and July 4th/Memorial Day/Labor Day.

Last month I made Christmas & New Years. I only have one set to come up with … something for Halloween. So, I have a couple of months! :slight_smile:

61 Likes

A sheet that covers the whole truck with two eye holes in the back window? :stuck_out_tongue:

I love those - the layered egg is especially nice!

9 Likes

Now that is an idea! For me personally … I like just the pumpkin. Others want pure Halloween. A sheet with eyes would work!

I love the egg also. One sister requested one made into a magnet for her frig. Was happy she didn’t request a whole set of everything … and happily whipped one out!

5 Likes

When I saw the title I thought you literally made a tailgate for a real truck! Silly me.

9 Likes

These look awesome. And you’re so organized!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow! These are nice!! I guess I found my next project!! Thanks for sharing the info!

1 Like

Holy smokes! That’s a prolific output. And the layered egg is my favorite too. You are super organized (looking at your storage solutions)!

2 Likes

The first run with the trucks … there was wood and paint everywhere. Five at once was a bit much. Love the truck though and it is fun to come up with something that strikes a chord within for each holiday/event.

I do try to be organized. Seriously, I was concerned the recipients might risk damage if they weren’t protected. (Although, I have been accused of going over the top on projects).

3 Likes

These turned out wonderful. I love how organized you are!

4 Likes

Nice!!

1 Like

These are all so ADORABLE
Changed my mind; You and your grandson are way way more organized than I could ever be!

1 Like

These are amazing! I really love your work and so glad you’re sharing more of it.

1 Like

You are a creating machine! Dropping all of these beautiful creations on us in a row!
Amazing!!!

4 Likes

Omigosh, PJ…Aloha had it right…you’ve been a creating machine! They’re all so fine and fun looking. And creating dedicated storage for all of that is just icing on the cake. Nice work!

5 Likes

LOVE the easter egg! Be sure to post the pic of that one in the truck when Easter rolls around! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Now all I can picture is that Easter egg rolling around in the back of the truck. LOL

4 Likes

Great project! Love those ice cream cones!

4 Likes

Now the bunny is there to stabilize the poor little Easter egg, so it is all good! :slight_smile:

@MakerMatthew I love the ice cream cones, also! Everyone loves ice cream! Yum!

4 Likes

Looks Great! Well done.

1 Like

Such a great file, and the way to store them! That’s what I need to do for all of my interchangeables (I have several different patterns I do that with). Someday… :slight_smile:

2 Likes