Trying out the new NON vinyl!

i’d like to be able to say I cut it, but there’s an issue

2 Likes

What is the issue? You haven’t selected the material.

6 Likes

i can’t. it should auto select, at least that’s what the package says. and there is no setting for this material. when I tried to use the Eco Blue setting it just gave me dire warnings about vinyl

1 Like

this is a new machine. i’m afraid to experiment

3 Likes

And I couldnt find it for sale in the shop, either. The Pastel pack

2 Likes

I think you can choose any of the iron on settings as a start.
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 5.16.58 PM

The white iron on cut settings are 300/35

4 Likes

okay. i’ll experiment when the warranty is up!

2 Likes

Are you using a Glowforge or the Aura?

3 Likes

a pro

2 Likes

There would be no problem using the preset for White iron on. It is Proofgrade material and you won’t damage the machine. The worst thing that could happen is that the design doesn’t cut perfectly. The dark color iron on presets are in the 500/75 ish range, but the white preset is 300/35.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot. i’ll give it a try

3 Likes

You can get a better source under media assets.

6 Likes

It is a microwave. If you totally blow the setup on power settings, just shut it off for 10 seconds and try anew.

5 Likes

since he’s the one who paio for it, I’ll ask my husband about that!

4 Likes

YES! It works! (Even if the auto settings aren’t up yet. I used the white ones - per dklgood .)

17 Likes

Yes, I know I should have ironed it…

5 Likes

If you want a cleaner version of the Glowforge logo, or bug if you will, they posted them on a shared drive from one of their best practices documents:

https://www.glowforge.com/brand-assets

9 Likes

Thank you I didn’t really think much about it because I’d never sell anything with their logo, but it’s nice to know! I didn’t consider they might go all DeSantis vs Disney on me.

7 Likes

It should all be fine - I mean as long as you’re using laser-safe material (iron-on) and not anything that actually contains VINYL. :slight_smile:
(I hate how we have all normalized calling all of it vinyl, even the stuff that doesn’t contain vinyl and is able to be used with a laser. It could really confuse people.
I just hope no one uses actual vinyl in their Glowforge.)

I love your shirt, btw.

5 Likes

I wore it to a Michael’s and one of their employees asked me about the Glowforge. She had no idea what it could do.

7 Likes