Tube Replacement Policy - Are you still in? POLL

I’d need to see a commitment to revert this within the next 24hours and before shipments before I cancel. Especially for international buyers.
I think the whole information release has been handled very poorly.

Drop off service would be nice. I live within an hour’s drive (+/-) of Seattle … though that’s of little or no help if service is based out of Milpitas. In either case, while shipping expenses and logistics could be a hassle, my greater concern is downtime.

My business is seasonal - fairly steady through the early part of the year, leading up to OMG non-stop in Q3 & 4. I make the majority of my income in that latter time period, and if a tube goes out and my machine is gone/out during that time (or the production time leading up to that) I’m screwed. Not just “inconvenienced”, my whole income for the year takes a serious hit.

This is also why I have a sense of urgency about hearing their solutions now and not 12 months from now. The July/Aug wait is already a huge stress … but if I have to cancel and go with an alternative, I really need to know sooner rather than later.

^ A whole lot of words for my unique situation, but that’s just it… we’ve all got unique situations, with different variables that drive our choices. Telling us to just hang in for a year or more while they figure this out is cavalier at best.

4 Likes

Yes – living in Seattle too, it would be much easier if drop-off service is allowed

Understood. However, in my opinion further delays are always an issue. My post was in response to my poll vote about giving them (XX) days to find a solution to the shipping entire unit issue. Granted that the (XX) days spent coming up with a solution doesn’t delay shipment further (which it very well could) I would be willing to wait. If either of the above mentioned occur (delay or not resolving the tube replacement) I would then cancel.

I mean i guess they could work something out, but i’d be pretty surprised if that was an option since they don’t ship from there and probably aren’t going to ever have anywhere near the bandwidth to handle that job.

2 Likes

So, for those of you making money from your Glowforge --> @dan would gladly sell you one from the ’ cancelled order stockpile’ :-1:to give you a backup come tube relacement time.

1 Like

This is maybe the main point in all this.

2 Likes

But would Glowforge HQ even be providing the service?

An apology and offer for an immediate refund will make it all better…

The refund part has been there since day 0.

Hilarious. :weary:

GF has spoken: Update to the update: We'll sell replacement tubes

Poll closed.

1 Like