Tutorial/First-Look: Beta Passthrough

I’ve got to play around with the beta passthrough and it’s great. No more jig hassles. I wish this had come out a few years earlier. Better late than never, I guess.

I used it once and had no problem. The second time, things were off, but not much. At the time I thought it was the material I was using…but was unsure. A third round worked great again. Upon looking at the video, my material got knocked when re-aligning (wood must have been bowed). That the GF ended up doing such a good job with an angled piece of wood is worth mentioning.

2 Likes

It would probably be helpful if you posted this in the beta discussion thread - that way, the developers will see it (nobody at GF monitors the regular discussion forum) - they are still looking for feedback, both positive and negative.

My personal experience has been near-flawless, except for a very specific issue regarding continuation of engraves across “steps” in a job - it has been documented and discussed privately with dev.

1 Like

Are talking about linking to it or moving it? If moving it, I’d rather it stay here since it is meant for regular Glowforge owners. Plus, I don’t feel like I’m adding any new information.

Thanks for mentioning the engraves issue. I’ll keep that in mind as I go forward.

1 Like

Any feedback is valuable to the dev team. Re-posting the comments in that thread is probably best. No issue leaving this thread here for the regular owners to view as well.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.