TWO Broken Wrists! (SUPER off-topic)

:raised_hand:

3 Likes

Oh, man, that stinks. Can’t bring myself to " :heart: " that post, poor little guy. I’m sure it’s going to make everything a little crazy for a while :frowning:

2 Likes

I second this. I trained in Aikido for 5 years. I haven’t actually fallen since. I came close a couple of times, but have saved it so many times I can’t count.

1 Like

This might help him with the girls. If he plays his cards right, he can have them waiting on him hand and foot. :grin:

4 Likes

Smoothies, soups/stews, friends.

My best friend in grade school did exactly this during the summer after 7th grade when two friends thought it would be funny to tip his hammock upsideedown.

It makes for lifelong stories.

1 Like

OH MAN! So sorry to hear!! :astonished:

Man! That had to suck. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

2 Likes

He’s in surprisingly good spirits considering! Not letting it get him down! He’s a little sad about no Xbox. But he’s managing to play games on tablets alright.

2 Likes

Yep. Very little strain potential - it’s all about flexibility and body awareness. Once I got 50 I figured I ought to start taking care of myself :smiling_face: I know a number of older folks who have fallen and broken bones or hit their heads and wound up in the hospital. Then they suffered during recovery - it’s one thing not to be able to move around a lot when you’re a teenager as you’ll gain back muscle and bone losses once you recover. But if you’re elderly those losses tend to be permanent.

1 Like

Always this option.

That is such a bite for him. He has my sympathy, but with such a creative dad I’m sure he’ll adapt well and heal fast!

2 Likes

Poor guy!

2 Likes

Problem Solved:

Sorry for your boy, I sprained both wrists at once falling (poorly) off a BMX, but that just meant soft slings (which, I might add, serve well as cupholders)

6 Likes

I had a friend who broke both arms in high school. Poor kid. I hope he is doing okay!

I don’t know where you would buy them, but they make forks and spoons that don’t need to be held - they’re connected to a strap so you Velcro them around the hand. They also curve right or left, depending on your sons handed-ness, so he can get the food to his mouth more easily.

2 Likes

Poor little fella.
Him indoors had to have both legs in plaster for several months when he was about 14 to immobilise his knees .
He says it wasn’t too bad, apart from the itching…
That and the massive indignity of having to have his mother lower him backwards onto the toilet.

4 Likes

Thanks! Great pic! He’s been really great about this so far. The pain’s been managed with acetaminophen mostly. He’s been sleeping with a combination of pillows and stuffed animals to keep his arms in comfortable positions.

4 Likes

He goes for his followup on the 24th. But he’s under the impression that’ll be the day they remove his cast. I’m trying not to break his spirits, but I had to tell him that that’s when they’ll re-x-ray and see how things are. He’s still quite certainly the cast’ll be off that day.

3 Likes

Pretty sure all casts are required for insurance purposes to smell and be covered with graffiti prior to removal.

7 Likes

Oh he came home from school day 1 with his cast covered in signatures. He’ll let us sign in a few days if there’s still room. :wink:

3 Likes

Further proof he didn’t land on his head. His priorities are age appropriate.

3 Likes