Two-side double key chain

I’ve never posted anything before but I’ve just so happy with how this turned out I have to share it with everyone. A customer was looking at my keychains and said she’d never seen her name anywhere. No wonder: her name is Eugenia. I told her I could make one and have it the next day. She picked out the retro motel design and I went to work. I was looking and it and regretting the unused back side and wondered what would happen if I just flipped it over and engraved it again. Wonder of wonders, here’s how it turned out. This was only my second attempt, so if anyone else wants to try, just make sure your design is absolutely horizontal.

32 Likes

Nice result!

For anyone else wanting to try, here is the best practice procedure to double sided engraving:

13 Likes

I am sure she will be delighted to have her name on such a lovely keychain. Nicely done.

10 Likes

I love the “I can do that” aspect of the Glowforge to make custom products.

9 Likes

I like it. It looks great

4 Likes

This was an incredibly detailed and well-written tutorial. I’m pretty sure that’s where I learned the procedure that I use…and actually on a fairly regular basis. I’ve never yet had it fail.

9 Likes

Nice work. Thanks for posting.

12 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s kind remarks. She was very happy with the keychain and said many Christmas presents were forthcoming.

8 Likes

Great work and thanks for sharing it with us!

2 Likes