UGA Sanford Stadium

Made by request, I present to you, Sanford Stadium at the University of Georgia. This is the biggest miniature stadium so far, 8 layers of Proofgrade Maple Plywood, with the recent changes to the Glowforge servers, this print was completed in just over 15 minutes. Settings were Draft score, SD Graphic engrave, and Proofgrade cut.

I increased the size of the model because of the number of layers involved, to maintain proportional accuracy with the real-world structure, and I think that the finished model displays well.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

48 Likes

WOW! I LOVE the layered stadium models. I can only imagine the challenge of creating the files though. Great work.

6 Likes

Love, love, love! Go dawgs!

4 Likes

These stadiums (and Arch) just blow me away

4 Likes

Well, y’all got my last Likes for the day; I’ve got to wait 11 hours till I can go spread good cheer.

How long does it take to assemble something like this? I’m going to do some closepup viewing of the model, but for now, tell me: is it all stacked on a lower full part (no undercuts), or do you have to create support structures for some of the stadium exterior?

6 Likes

The multi-layer models have alignment holes that I use to make the assembly go a bit quicker, I cut 2mm round toothpicks in half and glue them into the lowest layer. Each subsequent layer uses the toothpicks as guide pins as they are lowered into position. Some of the models include supports, but they are more cosmetic details than actual support mechanisms. Support for the parts that overhang are considered in the formation of the layers and placement of the guide pins.

Average time of assembly is about 90 minutes, which includes removing the mask paper, locating any small parts that have fallen through the crumb tray, and gluing everything together.
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice. Spent many a Saturday there watching games. What fun!

6 Likes

Between the Hedges masterpiece!

4 Likes

I am loving all these stadiums!

3 Likes

Love your series of stadiums. Miniature anything always strikes a chord.

4 Likes

Is there any where I can buy this file.

2 Likes

I sell directly, invoicing through PayPal, file delivery is done through a reply to this message. The files are $35.00 for personal use licenses, $120.00 for commercial use up to 500 units.

Provide your email address and I’ll send you an invoice.

Thank you.

5 Likes

This is so cool! Is it difficult to learn how to make these stadiums? I’d love to make The Big House for my father-in-law!

2 Likes

If you want to learn the process, I can give you the basics and you can see if it clicks.

3 Likes

That would be great!

2 Likes

Looks awesome. Do you sale the file

1 Like

I definitely want to buy this. Let me know when you’re available

2 Likes

andrew.harvey@dcsirish.com

1 Like

llisa@the2ls.com

1 Like

Here’s my version of Sanford. I created this and Alabama’s Bryant Denny as gifts for a bride to give to her dad (UGA fan) and new husband (Bama fan) on her wedding day. Such an honor when someone asks you to create something as a gift for milestones like that.

UGA unfortunately asked Etsy to take it down.

7 Likes