Ummm. That's a Nope!

I’m certain that lasers will be used to create tattoos not just remove them, it surprises me it’s not already a “thing”

1 Like

They are used to remove tattoos - breaks up the ink under the skin. Not our kind of lasers though - you’ll not be sticking someone’s arm into the pass-thru of your GF :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My co-worker went to the dentist the other day (first time in a while). They lasered her teeth/gums -ouch. Again, obviously a different type of laser, but interesting that it was part of the routine/first visit cleaning. They use it for hair removal now too remember. :hushed:

1 Like

That is interesting, that used to be a seperate dedicated proceedure.

1 Like

I don’t really know anything about lasers, but I would imagine getting a laser to deposit ink would be fairly tricky. I guess the laser could break the skin and the ink could be rubbed in, but I would think the results would be kind of inconsistent. I think they got laser tattoos in starship troopers, though, and it looked awesome :blush:

I feel like automated tattoo machines could be a thing with current technology, no? Like a CNC thing, but with multiple needles.

2 Likes

I don’t have my GF, and know little about the tattoo business but I know that if you punch a hole in skin and add some ink you get a tattoo. Sure, it has to be the right kind of hole(s) and the right kind of ink but how hard can it be?

I’m certain that as laser technologies become more widely available someone will turn their mind to adapting it to making holes to be filled with ink to create tattoos.

For laser Tattoo questions I think this is a good reference on ouch and nope.

3 Likes