Under Counter Paper Towel Holder

I made a Under Counter Paper Towel Holder this morning, and I thought I would share.
Not sure how well it will all fit together, since I can’t make one yet.
I saw a Video the other day on how to make finger joints in inkscape and thought I would give it a try.
If anyone makes one, Please post a photo.

Paper Towel Holder.zip (1.7 KB)

I made a Mistake… You will have to print 4 of the bars and glue them together to make a bar big enough to fit the end pieces. In my head it was one inch square…on paper is was one inch by a quarter inch. Sorry about that.

21 Likes

Thank you! Can’t wait to see a pic of it put together.

2 Likes

Thanks! You are really hitting the ground running.

2 Likes

Ha ha, by the time the 'forge arrives, you will have made 10 designs and have 100+ more in your head. Where to start, where to start?

Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

You haven’t gotten your Glowforge yet, and you’re already sharing a free design? Impressive! Welcome to the fun soon…

4 Likes

Or two with a few spacers to keep them apart. Since you are already eating most of a board, probably easier to just make 4 cuts, even though it seems wasteful.

Looks good, but expect to examine the thickness of whatever you use to make it out of. Common theme for anything that uses a finger joint build.

1 Like

Wow, thank you!

Sounds like you will make good use of your Glowforge when it comes!

2 Likes

Thank you! One thing I can see when I open the file is that I think the Support Arms are a little too short. My roll of paper Towels is 6" round. So from the back edge of the square hole I need at least 3". I am going to need lengthen the arms a bit and move the hole. Even still, it’s really a great share! Thank you!!

1 Like

Try This.
I made the arms Longer.

Paper Towel Holder.zip (1.7 KB)

3 Likes

Great thanks! I already adjusted the one you posted earlier :slight_smile: I should learn how to be patient. LOL

I also made a few other modifications :slight_smile: I will post pics when I cut it and put it together. :slight_smile:

Great . looking forward to seeing it.
It needed to be longer anyway for those who don’t won’t or know how to adjust the arms.
Glad you like it

1 Like