Unicorn Laser Tube

I received my Basic in 2018 after a misalignment with my first unit. I used it a lot and then it sat for a while. And then it sat in climate-controlled storage for almost a year and then it sat in my office for a while. At least 18 months elapsed between uses. I have a customer asking for some work so I started it up today and ran a test print and it cut just like it always has. This tube is 6 years old and shows little to no performance degradation. Hopefully it has a few more years in it!

27 Likes

That’s awesome! Keep on lasering! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Mine has been soldiering on too! There’s another thread where someone asked if anyone had an original machine still going strong and there are a lot of yes answers! Thrilled for you that you got to join that club :smiley:

12 Likes

With 68k+ owners, a one tenth of one percent disapointment rate is still about 70 people, and they usually post many times while the rest of us hardly ever complain, so there is a lot of sample bias.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s one reason I’ve not been in here much lately.

5 Likes

Just block the support channel. You’ll be amazed at how much more peaceful the forum is.

You can always go back and browse it when you feel like it, but it won’t constantly be stuffed in your face.

8 Likes

Mine is still ticking too!!

4 Likes