Up for a challenge? How about a Cardboard version of the Radio Flyer?

Unleashing my kiddos on this in the next week or so. Trying to create stuff that is more open ended so they can take the techniques and make their own epic stuff… =)

14 Likes

Nice little project! I think TinkerCAD is underappreciated.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have a blast with it. Love that it exports right to SVG.

I use Sketchup and My.Sketchup and that missing feature keeps me from really enjoying it. I am working on work a around… but there is only so much time in the day…

Having things that work… #priceless =)

3 Likes

I thought there was an extension you can add to Sketchup for SVG export, but I haven’t used it in a long time so I might be wrong.

1 Like

I love this! I’ve been playing around with something similar in Tinkercad, but this gave me so many new and better ideas! I so wish I had a GF at home so I could play instead of going all the way to my school.
I want to adapt this for my 4th and 5th graders to make the chassis for a balloon powered car. So fun!

2 Likes

Sweet idea with the balloon car! My original plan was vehicles, but I wanted to try to get them adept at something simpler first. I had put this on hold as I created a few other cardboard assembly projects that be the primer before this…

I will return to those, but wanted to give my high flyers and students that were in my prior 9 weeks this challenge.

I too wish I had a GF at home. I am lucky that school is only about 6 miles away. Just hard to swing time away from the fam to play with it.

If not the chassis… could be a sweet way to make wheels for balloon cars out of all kinds of cardboard… Changing sizes would be slick as well.

I believe you are right. It is a bear getting my IT dept to add stuff though. It is so nice when things are just built in.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.