Update on Craftsman clocks

Hey, do you guys remember these Craftsman style clocks I made for family for Christmas? Funny story: every single person told me I put the clock part in upside down in the business card holder/pen and pencil holder thingy. (Remember that I made the clock hollow on the underside so you could take the front off and change the time/battery).

So I learned something for next time: put in a false bottom to cover that hollow bit.

33 Likes

:laughing: Interesting how they all assumed YOU were that oblivious instead of questioning their own impression of what it was meant to be!

9 Likes

I’m still groggy from all the Christmas celebration so it took me a while to figure out what they meant. Ha. they thought it was a utility box and was upside down. Dual purpose!

7 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

Too funny.

6 Likes

That is really funny. :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

That is funny! Maybe next time you make one, you should just make it as they perceived it…as a “business card holder/pen and pencil holder thingy.” Of course, then the inevitable…‘hey, you made the clock upside down’.

6 Likes

The audacity… I think it is a lovely set of clocks!

4 Likes

I’ll take their side. If all of them were happy with their pen, pencil, business card holder thingy then you obviously had the clock in upside down.

They’re wonderful in either orientation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

… or make the clock rotate-able or flippable.

Seriously: :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh, they are easy to pop out and rotate. And everybody did.

10 Likes

Maybe send with a photo of the clock? or perhaps a “this side up” engraved on the top?

2 Likes

Oh my! Really too funny! Note for future reference - include photo with product name and showing product use. Possibly include a direction … I.e. Battery change and time change can be completed via the open bottom OF THIS CLOCK. :blush:

Perception is a funny thing.

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, that’s too funny!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.