Updated tape dispenser

I updated my tape dispenser. This one is a bit more sporty

48 Likes

This is awesome!!!
This needs one of those serrated edges from an old saran wrap box glued onto the edge to help cut the tape.
One day I need to build one of these also!

10 Likes

I have a big roll of masking I use all the time to cover my build plate for my 3D printer. This would be perfect. Nice job.

5 Likes

Looks good… I desperately need something for my tape.

2 Likes

Things are always evolving. I like where you are going with this dispenser.

Might want to add a robust handle on the backside.
When the large tape rolls get aged it is harder to unroll the tape.
Something like below could slip up against your notch and would give you a handle when you needed it, without infringing on your current design or stressing any joints.
The problem would be finding it when you needed it if it is not an integral part of the solution.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking for some dispenser for my transfer tape. That’s perfect! And now that I’m a newbie GF owner, I’m going to need one for masking too! :wink:

Are you selling your design template?

Or a hacksaw blade

3 Likes

Or build an extension on the back so it could be clamped down.

1 Like

That was my first idea, but it would stress the hell out of the junction joints.

1 Like

Great design! I have been avoiding my roll. Good inspiration!

True

Sporty and practical?! Just like my late 1970s Datsun B210, I loved that car. I drove it all through the late 80s. Nice design!

Felt like I was over thinking this. The answer is in that notch you have on the bottom.
Instead of a gimmick handle, just drop the notch over the table edge and tug away. Happy Trails.

3 Likes

Who holds it so it doesn’t fall off the table? Looks like a 3 or 4 hand operation that way.

2 Likes

I Mounted it to the shelf where it lives

1 Like

Wow. Great design! And looks pretty funky too!

I always use one hand to pull the tape and the other to lay it down on the material. I mounted my roller on my table so it doesn’t move. Pulling 20" of tape off the roll without it curling up and making a mess but find it works okay if I paste it down as I pull it off the roll.

2 Likes

Love this new design - do you have a link for it?

This is awesome! I used to have a big roll dispenser when I had a vinyl cutting business. I sold the business and didn’t have space for the large roll dispenser. This would be very handy managing the transfer tape.

1 Like