Uploaded Cut file won't cut

I’m trying to just cut a simple square, and when I load my file in, it says I can cut. I have it set to all the regular settings (except with a double pass) that worked to cut the wood before with a different file directly from GF shop. However, my file won’t cut. It barely scratches the PG tape. Any idea what is going on, and how I can cut this square?

1 Like

Figured it out! Sorry about that!

6 Likes

Welcome @crkjelstrom to the forum. This problem can be caused by many things.

Would you mind sharing what the problem was and how you fixed it as documentation of errors that are solved?

2 Likes

Well I decided to try out just the regular settings instead of adding two passes for cutting, and this time it worked. I was using Medium Draftboard. I did a custom setting using all the regular numbers except I decided to do a double pass for the cut, but it wouldn’t work. When I went back to just the basic settings, it worked on the cut. I’m not sure how else to explain it.

2 Likes

Likely the power defaulted to one which will barely mark the pg_tape. This is a good thing when you are trying to make sure exactly where the cut will be, but for a real cut you will need more unless you are cutting paper.

For non-pg materials you might want to set yourself up with this design and following the settings mark on the back about the wood and if you varied from standard and keep a reference set to refer to when using that wood again.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. As you have already discovered, people here are ready and willing to offer assistance. Glad you figured it out and are up and running.

I’m sorry to hear you ran into trouble with a print not turning out as expected. I’m glad to see that you were able to find a solution! It also looks like you received some excellent additional information from @rbtdanforth.

Thank you for sharing details about what got you back up and printing. I’m going to close this thread. If you hit a snag again, please reach out here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like