UPS broke my PRO in transit

UPS broke the lid on my GF Pro. Now I have a broken machine and I really don’t want to throw it away. Can anyone make use of it? Parts? GF informs me they can’t replace the lid.

Was this coming from Glowforge or were you shipping it? If it was coming from Glowforge, they’d replace the machine since there should be a short warranty on it.

If all else fails, you can probably buy a lid from a user in:
Friendliest Glowforge Group on Facebook | Facebook

I know at least one person on there sells parts.

9 Likes

Refurbished machines have a 90-day warranty, you need to let support know immediately and they will direct you how to proceed.

5 Likes

There is more to this story. Who shipped the Glowforge?

9 Likes

If you bought the machine from Glowforge, contact the company, and they will replace it. (They do not read this forum.)

If you bought the machine from a private party, you need to make a claim with UPS.

4 Likes

Only the shipper, not the recipient, can file a claim.

4 Likes

Hopefully the shipper is helpful!

2 Likes

I have shipped and received possibly a couple of hundred packages with UPS, FedEx and USPS and have instances with shipments to me where none of them could help, had to be the sender.

4 Likes

Sorry in that case I meant the sender, but even if they are helpful, the shipper will need to be as well!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.