Urgent: seeking Glowforge owners in New Mexico?

I have a small business in Albuquerque, NM. My Glowforge broke down in the middle of processing an order for a client, and now has to be shipped back for repair. My replacement machine may not arrive for up to 4 weeks. Hoping to find someone in New Mexico who could finish the laser portion of the job for me. The client can’t wait another month for this order.

The project is made of Draftboard, cut and engraved on one side. I need 36 each of 4 pieces, a total of 144 pieces. Masking can be left on. If you are near ABQ or Santa Fe I can deliver materials to you. I will pay for your labor to run the job.

Please let me know if you can help and I’ll provide more details.

3 Likes

If someone wanted to take it on remotely and ship the pieces to you how much draftboard will it require?

4 Likes

The pieces will fit on 15 sheets total.

3 Likes

How long does each sheet take? Which GF are you using?

As @evansd2 noted, FedEx and UPS are everywhere.

3 Likes

I’m on a Glowforge Plus. If you run each sheet as a whole they are probably an hour to an hour and a half each, because the Glowforge doesn’t always choose the most efficient engraving pattern. If you break them up into smaller groups they go faster, but it’s more hands on. So it’s a tradeoff.

I was hoping to avoid shipping because my timeline and budget are already tight. But I’ll consider out of state help if I have to.

4 Likes

If your margins are tight, you might consider contacting a local laser cutting service. It would save the cost of shipping materials back and forth, and they often have large machines that can complete the job quickly.

4 Likes