Urgent - Sold Stolen Goods

Oh, it was definitely tested, when it was made in April 2021. I can see that from the logs.

Exactly my point too! If they’d had done a bit of research and looked for recent orders that match my email address and had been recently delivered, they would know the serial number matched that recent order and we could’ve saved 4 emails (and 2 days).

2 Likes

Direct staff have never been involved in full production to the best of my knowledge, it appears everything is outsourced. Their “office” looks more like a small makerspace, probably where they test new revisions of the software and such.

I can only speculate, but I would guess this one was reported lost, ended up being marked as stolen and disabled, but ended up back at the current repair/refurbish/manufacturing company and never touched until sent to the OP.

Again, just based on my opinion/observations.

Was a joke. Just meaning the customer/shipping company should not be the one testing it out for them.

2 Likes

The facilities that ship them are the ones assembling, refurbishing and testing.

Glowforge staff are not the ones doing this, they are in different parts of the country. Last place was Cynergy in Grapevine, Texas, that does the same for multiple organizations. I think the current one is in KY. They are just an outsourcing company.

Again, this is just my observation. None of this is known for sure, as GF (like any other small startup) will not want it known.

Yeah, Never mind. Not what I was meaning… Only a joke. Sorry, I’ll return to the shadows.

4 Likes

Possibly for refurbs, not for new machines. Flex is the company that assembles Glowforges but Flex is not the company that ships them to customers. They get delivered by Flex to two DCL Logistics distribution centers, then DCL handles the retail shipping/logistics for Glowforge.

1 Like

You didn’t do anything wrong. Don’t feel like you have to hide in the shadows. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.