Used glowforge

I bought a used glowforge. How do I get access to the glowforge application to print??

Did the previous owner already make arrangements to have you set up as the registered owner?

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, the original owner needs to contact Glowforge to switch user to you. I don’t know of you can do it on your own.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think so and their customer service is so hard to get in touch with.

No she hasn’t. I will have to get her to contact them, but we probably won’t hear anything for days. :sob:

For some unnown reason customer support has been hard to contact. If it were during the holidays, I would understand them being busy, but it’s February.

If you have the previous owner set you up as a user thru the GF app (machines can have more than one user), you may be able to access the machine and set up on your wifi.

7 Likes

Ok. We will try that. Thank you!!

Exactly this - it’s not worth contacted CS until you’ve been set up as a user. They will modify the user to the owner, and delete the old owner.

This is too late for this instance - but for anyone else reading this, you should be set up as a user prior to you paying for a machine! Make sure it works for you, and then pay - and then have the owner send in the request to CS to make user “name” the owner and to delete the prior owner’s account.

6 Likes

She added me as user. We just picked up machine today.

5 Likes

Let us know if you are able to run the wifi setup process.

2 Likes

It worked! Thanks everyone.

7 Likes

Good to know for future situations, especially when support isn’t particularly responsive!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the help everyone.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.