Using Home Depot White/Black Board

I have been using the Black Board, White Board, and the Black/White Board for years. Had always used certain settings that gave consistent results. About a week ago I pulled a sheet off the stack and it did not completely cut through across the sheet. Pulled another sheet decreasing the speed slightly and the results were worse. Tried another sheet decreasing the speed quite a bit and there was no cut through. I thought “Oh no” something is finally going wrong with my GF. Decided to try some PG with automatic settings and it cut like butter on all 4 corners and the center. Evidently the original material has changed.

2 Likes

Hi, do you mind taking a pic of the bar code pls? I bought white board from Lowe’s and it’s not cutting very well. I might of purchased the wrong one. Thank you!!

Great info!

It could be the manufacturer of the material changed something. Or a different vendor. I wouldn’t automatically assume it is my machine. Keep scraps of the stuff that works so you can compare if issues arise.

Here is my barcode and example cuts.

Yeah. I was long winded getting to the same point.

I’ll see if I have any sheets left with the barcode on them. But it’s the same barcode that eflyguy posted earlier in this thread. It ends in 739.

Thank you!!!

my bar code was different.

Just tried this for the first time. I have a Pro (45w) and we used 135 and full power. It cut just fine but was getting significant sparks/flame while cutting. I increased the speed to 145 and still cuts fine but still getting the sparks/flame. I’m thinking I should try masking but was hoping to avoid that.

Anyone else experience the sparks/flames? And do you mask one or both sides? Thanks!

2 Likes

I just tried this on my Pro with the same settings. Cut through it with no problem. However, It sparked up and had a steady small flame. I kept it running because I was doing a simple rectangle. I did white side up with no mask. Wiped off afterwards with no problem at all. It was a very successful cut I am just concerned that maybe that little sparkler show in there would not be good on future cuts. Is that normal with this home depot stuff? I am just wondering if you have figured it out yet.

1 Like

I experienced quite a large flame when cutting as well. That is something nobody seems to talk about when they say that they were able to cut it, no problem. And if they aren’t seeing a flame, they must be using a completely different product.

I noticed in the store that there would be two different kinds of white board in the same bin. Some would have a shiny black finish on the back and some would be dull. And that could be why there are such mixed results.

I had a whole batch that the glow forge just wouldn’t cut. I stopped trying because if I can’t get consistent results every time, its not worth the frustration for me. I had a friend cut a batch of squares for me with a circular saw. Then I just just score and engrave them but no cutting.