USPS Letter/Card Gauge

Someone I know (and certainly not my wife :wink:) is often worried if a card or letter is too thick/small/large for standard First Class postage. To help her them out, I created this easy to use pass/fail gauge:

It includes the minimum & maximum height, max length, and most importantly, a pass-through thickness gauge. It also has the min/max aspect ratios for machinable vs nonmachinable pieces.

Hereā€™s the file if youā€™d care to make oneā€¦

First Class Mail Checker
Any material (even cardboard) will work.

Happy Holidays!

89 Likes

Thanks. I usually end up going to the post office and asking the counter person, but this would save me the trip.

6 Likes

I was at the local PO and the counter worker whipped out a much larger version. I thought ā€œI can improve on that a bit.ā€ et voilĆ  ! :innocent:

16 Likes

Hey good idea. I might check Canada posts dimensions and make one of these.

8 Likes

So useful! Thank you so much for sharing the file.

6 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes

Canadian version: if anyone cares :grinning:
Can Post letter gauge

32 Likes

What a great practical cut. Thanks for the share!!

5 Likes

Wow! Coolā€¦thank you, Dennis! I print most all of my postage here at home (I have a scale connected to my postage app) and I run into this issue sometimes. This will help a lot.

4 Likes

Nice share! This could be very handy.

2 Likes

Very useful itemā€”thanks! Love those practical projects.

1 Like

What a brilliant idea!

1 Like

So useful! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

thank you for sharing great idea!

1 Like

Boy, thatā€™s handy. Thanks

1 Like

As a machine mechanic for USPS, I thank you!
(and I hope people understand fully how to use itā€¦ I have pulled far too many pieces out of machines that could have been saved by the mailer putting a little more thought or effort into their item, and it makes me quite sad)

7 Likes

Thank you so much for this design! It would have been so useful to have when I was mailing out my Christmas cards! Itā€™ll be put to good use for sure!

1 Like

Before my laser i cut out of thin cardboard by hand. Only problem it sometimes stretched a bit so thank you for this file.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to the GF community!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Iā€™m glad you like this design and hope itā€™s useful to you.

2 Likes