USPS Letter/Card Gauge

Someone I know (and certainly not my wife :wink:) is often worried if a card or letter is too thick/small/large for standard First Class postage. To help her them out, I created this easy to use pass/fail gauge:

It includes the minimum & maximum height, max length, and most importantly, a pass-through thickness gauge. It also has the min/max aspect ratios for machinable vs nonmachinable pieces.

Here’s the file if you’d care to make one…

First Class Mail Checker
Any material (even cardboard) will work.

Happy Holidays!

83 Likes

Thanks. I usually end up going to the post office and asking the counter person, but this would save me the trip.

6 Likes

I was at the local PO and the counter worker whipped out a much larger version. I thought “I can improve on that a bit.” et voilà ! :innocent:

16 Likes

Hey good idea. I might check Canada posts dimensions and make one of these.

8 Likes

So useful! Thank you so much for sharing the file.

6 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes

Canadian version: if anyone cares :grinning:
Can Post letter gauge

32 Likes

What a great practical cut. Thanks for the share!!

5 Likes

Wow! Cool…thank you, Dennis! I print most all of my postage here at home (I have a scale connected to my postage app) and I run into this issue sometimes. This will help a lot.

4 Likes

Nice share! This could be very handy.

2 Likes

Very useful item—thanks! Love those practical projects.

1 Like

What a brilliant idea!

1 Like

So useful! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

thank you for sharing great idea!

1 Like

Boy, that’s handy. Thanks

1 Like

As a machine mechanic for USPS, I thank you!
(and I hope people understand fully how to use it… I have pulled far too many pieces out of machines that could have been saved by the mailer putting a little more thought or effort into their item, and it makes me quite sad)

7 Likes

Thank you so much for this design! It would have been so useful to have when I was mailing out my Christmas cards! It’ll be put to good use for sure!

1 Like

Before my laser i cut out of thin cardboard by hand. Only problem it sometimes stretched a bit so thank you for this file.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to the GF community!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I’m glad you like this design and hope it’s useful to you.

2 Likes