Valentine Gifts For My Wife

Made a vase and necklace for my wife for valentines day.

The vase is made out of pg walnut ply with a 1.5 inch diameter glass vase inserted, I initially made it out of solid walnut that I planed down to the same thickness as the pg ply, but it was very weak at the grain lines and a few pieces broke.
Each of of the ribs has a different love saying on either side.

The necklace is made out of a solid piece of walnut that i planed down and buffed smooth, the silver part is a .022" brushed silver acrylic from inventables. had to tune the engraving just right to get it flush with the walnut boarder.

Pictures in the following posts as I still cant upload more than one per post.

Vase-Point122Inch_Full_WalnutPly.pdf (733.6 KB)
Vase-Point122Inch_Full_WalnutPly_Rastered.pdf (4.5 MB)

50 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

13 Likes

23 Likes

So sweet. And, the WW?

1 Like

Awesome gift—I’ll bet she was thrilled!

1 Like

Love the vase - all those romantic sayings! :wink:

1 Like

WW - Wonder Woman’s logo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work! Thank you for sharing the vase file. I believe I saw some glass like that at the local $1 store. Very cool design. :heart_eyes:

And the necklace! :open_mouth: :star_struck: Definitely going to explore the other materials from Inventables.

Great work on that inlay!

Of course

Discourse often whacks SVGs, you need to upload ones it mangles by zipping it first. This one is messed up in Inkscape and doesn’t render right in the GFUI:

1 Like

That’s a stunning gift and thank you for sharing it!

I just tweaked the settings to attempt to fix the PDF sharing problem - let me know if it’s still an issue.

2 Likes

As a “new users” I am restricted and can not upload attachments so no PDF or ZIP files. Once I am no longer a “new user” I will update this post with better uploads.

If anyone can hunt down the @discourse settings to fix this I’ll make it happen - otherwise, apologies for that!

I’m new to the world of iPads. Is there an app i need to download to store this file?

Not near my iPad, but I think it’s a Press and hold, then choose “save image”

Vase-Point122Inch_Full_WalnutPly.pdf (733.6 KB)
Vase-Point122Inch_Full_WalnutPly_Rastered.pdf (4.5 MB)
YAY I can upload attachments. Thanks @dan. The First file all the words are saved as vectored text so the words can be changed if you want. The second file “rastered” all the text has been rastered into separate chunks as it took forever to load the non-rastered file on the glowforge app. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Yes, I checked that out - it doesn’t have a setting for whether TL0 users are allowed attachments. Even our TL0 users are invited by friends so we’re willing to grant them significant privileges.

Noted about tagging; that’s a shame.

(And yes, jcarff, I manually bumped you so you can submit!)

1 Like