Valentine's Day Box 2022

Ditto! It looks like it held up pretty well! I’d use leather or even EVA foam sheet cut into strips and make new straps!

4 Likes

For the next one, maybe use fabric hinges? Or even cut out some rectangles from leather and glue them on. You can even engrave nail/bolt heads on it.

2 Likes

I am not concerned about that… those came from a book of 400+ stickers we got her just for this project. So she has LOTS more stickers.

4 Likes

Still, she spent the time to customize it. Getting it working again might make her happy.

My daughter was young once too… :laughing: Now she’s a combat medic…

3 Likes

Yeah, I still plan to add more glue to hold that brace in place, so she can still play with it. But I already made a smaller one that she is using as a jewelry chest now.

6 Likes

In followup from my previous post…

I’ll never forget when my daughter’s first phone died. It was one of those slide-up things, like a flip phone. The thing that upset her the most was that all the stickers she had on it would be gone. I think she still has that phone to this day, probably 15 years later? Just because of all the stickers on it.

I think that might be when she got her first iPhone.

I had to vinyl-cut replacements for her MacBook Pro a few weeks ago, and a replacement flag for her Challenger just a week ago. Kids and stickers.

2 Likes