Variation on the Snap-N-Store design

For my daughters wedding my wife wanted to make a thank you gift to put cookies and place next to the coffee machine in every hotel room for the 40+ guests coming from abroad.

:glowforge: to the rescue!

After many prototypes an iterations…

I scaled the snap-n-store design to a larger size, applied the pattern the bride selected for the wedding invitations (also an original one I designed myself) to the sides and top, and now had a thank you box for the cookies, that could later be used as a lantern or for bouquet. It was also collapsible to pack in the suitcase.

41 Likes

Awesome! What a nice gift to guests and all of the details so well thought out!

11 Likes

That’s a gorgeous design! And to make that many… must have taken awhile. Congrats!

11 Likes

You can say that again. It was my first scale production in the :glowforge:, and I learned a lot.
I started with prototypes 6 mo. ago changing type of box, size, material and design. That was fun because it challenged my abilities to do new things.

Once the design was “approved” by wife, I started production cutting, and that is when she evicted me with the :glowforge: from the apartment.

I eventually set it up in the patio of my office where I could work while the :glowforge: chugged along the 50 min cuts. When the date was upon us and the quota had not been filled that is when things really became stressful. In the end we had enough to spare for whoever wanted a pair instead of just 1 box.

19 Likes

These are fantastic. Congrats to your daughter and to her parents.

9 Likes

Oh my word, those are gorgeous…especially those designs. What a fun and wonderful idea for gifts for traveling guests.

8 Likes

Really nice patterns!

8 Likes

What a great idea to make them flat packable! And so beautiful as well.

8 Likes

Very cool work man! Way to stretch your abilities. :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Great remembrance for a life changing moment!!!

I can remember when a pack of matches with the couple’s name was a gift.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding! And such a lovely, thoughtful gift for the guests. Those are beautiful. I love that little box. I made two at the very beginning of my GF adventure to hold all my hold down pins. Never would have thought to enlarge and make them fancy! Good job! And good job on the designs on the boxes as well. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Beautiful design! Congratulations on getting them made in time … and on your daughter’s wedding!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding! I love this design, especially how portable it is!

3 Likes