Vectorizer.ai is no longer free :(

This was my go to tracer for the last year or so.

11 Likes

Everyone wants to moninize and most want a bit too much. It’s sad but most sites like this, I’d happily do micro transactions but just can’t do $10 on every useful site. Would totally break the bank.
Cuddle is now $15 a month. Very good site but like I said above, just can’t.

7 Likes

I agree.

I was on the fence with Cuttle, but they added a lot of features since I signed up.
They could do a better job advertising them.

Foe example I just saw that they license some new fonts. With a pro account you can upload your own fonts, but they would have to be ones that you own.

I found this really nice script stencil font that they added.

These single stroke fonts, don’t look like single stroke fonts!

15 Likes

I’m developing the same tactic with services like this as I do with streaming video, pay one month, use the dickens out of it that month and then sign up again when the need breaks through a certain threshold . This requires timing but saves a lot of money.

16 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing with cuttle, too… Can’t justify it most of the time, but needed it for the run-up before Christmas.

10 Likes

Agreed. I saw the post on their FB page, but I rarely check there, as 90% of posts are users asking “I’m too lazy to learn Inkscape, could you create a template for a <insert hyper-specific one-off item>?”

9 Likes

If you have Adobe Illustrator I’ve found it very good at most conversions.

2 Likes

Check out Adobe Express. The SVG converter is free

7 Likes

Sounds good. But no controls and lots of points!

8 Likes

Inkscape does a great job for something like that butterfly image, and ctrl+L is pretty good at removing excess points.

9 Likes

I try to avoid getting involved with protection rackets where just as you spend the effort to learn and depend on a system they say that if you don’t give them money they will maim the program or kill it for you. YouTube has started that. You could be listening to a favorite song and in the middle of a word they toss an advertisement at you. If I were advertising a business like that I would not want my ad to be used as a hammer that way, doing more to drive away customers than bring them to you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.