Velkommen

One of my sisters-in-law is of Norwegian descent, and wanted an appropriately Scandinavian “welcome” sign for her house. I combined a Viking longboat with “welcome” translated into Norwegian and she loved it. :slight_smile:

(Image shows both the prototype & 15"ish finished product)

EDIT: Scroll down for the correctly spelled version! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

47 Likes

9 Likes

What a great design! Love the longboat.

4 Likes

How thoughtful and elegant in execution!!!

3 Likes

As much as I love this, if you incorporated a bit more of a Rosemåling feel into it, you’re basically 1 color away, that would hyggelig :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh. I had to look up Rosemåling, but I already knew hyggelig from hanging around with my Danish friends. :wink:

4 Likes

The Viking Kittens approve!!

10 Likes

Awesome gift!

2 Likes

Super cool!

1 Like

Glad you’re back to forging. :slight_smile: Looks great!

2 Likes

Helt sant :innocent:

1 Like

Well thought out.

1 Like

So it turns out it’s supposed to be spelled with a “k.”

Oops! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

lol… didn’t want to be the ass one to point that out!

(where did you get your translation?) :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry about the spelling. Since I didn’t know the difference, I simply loved it!

3 Likes

If you’d said you were redoing it for the Rosemåling I would have mentioned it too. :smiley:

3 Likes

Norwegian “descent” - not Norwegian - and English is famous for messing with spelling while stealing words! Makes perfect sense :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I was a dual citizen until I was 21, I speak both fluently, and like eflyguy I didn’t wanna be the ass one to point out the spelling. If you really wanna giggle look up my forum name on google translate :innocent:

2 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

as an added Huh? on either translate, or the languages - translated to Norwegian it’s uppercase - but to Danish it’s lowercase! Same word, same spelling - just different case :stuck_out_tongue: Related languages can be fun (read: terrifying) for translation programs!

2 Likes