Venting/Tracking down leaks (continued)

That looks like a nice one…I like the rubber fitting, that should seal really well.

I have a bunch of these in my garage and I never thought to try it. Time to go experiment.

1 Like

Very awesome @ericlew44 !

If the 3d print from @marmak3261 design doesn’t do it for me I’ll try that next.

@jbpa I’d love to hear back on how it works for you (and ideally grab some pictures!).

I’m a lot closer to feeling like my venting is working, but still seems like I missing something (might be tape issues - I have @chris1 's recommend tape on order, at the moment I’m using gaff - and air-tightness isn’t exactly its intended use-case)

Here you go. It fits perfectly and seems much more secure than just having the duct on the GF. With this on, I have a higher quality duct that I want to try when I have a few minutes to spare.

9 Likes

Oh, that is very cool @jbpa !

Was it a fight to get the clamp up far enough on the elbow that it would cinch down on the GF ring? (The product picture almost makes it looks like there is a grove right at the edge for it)

There is a grove in the elbow to fit the clamp so it fits right on the vent from the GF. It took all of 30 seconds to install.

1 Like

Ah! and looking back at the product website, it looks like their are multiple shapes of these things - the one most relevant to anyone else who wants the 3d coupler from @marmak3261, but that don’t have a 3d printer may be:

http://www.rockler.com/dust-right-4-tool-ports

3 Likes

I have one of these as well. It would also work, but I happen to like the elbow.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that dust collection fittings fit. Thanx, this is exactly what I need to keep from restricting my flow if it gets pushed up against the wall.

1 Like

The connection is rock solid as opposed to the spring clamp with foil hose. Also upgrading to smoother dust collection hose helps cut down on soot build-up you get with cheap flexible dryer hoses.

1 Like

Y’all probably saw this already, but just in case, you’ll want to make sure to go easy on the hose clamps:

I wish the Glowforge case wasn’t just a smooth tube for the hose clamp, that it actually had tabs on it for a bayonet coupler, like this… and the tabs would also let a clamp hold on without sliding off when used

Maybe what I’ll do is drill some holes on the Glowforge exhaust port and put 2 or 3 screws in to convert mine, maybe 3D print a short adapter.

2 Likes