Vertical banding when engraving on clear acrylic

Has anyone run into this issue when engraving on clear acrylic? The customer sent an image that looks something like a finger print. Attached is the proof I sent them which would obviously be inverted for engraving, and it came out ok, but there is some kind of vertical banding going on that is not seen in the digital image. I have engraved photos on clear acrylic before and have not seen this issue. Any idea what might be happening here?

All I can say is that it’s always been an issue, was reported to support, and never addressed.

i.e.:

5 Likes

It has been a long time since I encountered this, but if my memory serves, it had to do with a miss match between image resolution and lpi. I could be wrong, but you my try that.

1 Like

It happens with solid vector-defined shapes, not only raster images, so image resolution has nothing to do with it…

2 Likes

I believe some people were able to get them to go away by rotating either their material, or the image - it’s one or the other, but I don’t remember which. I’d lean toward rotating the image first.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.