Vertical sign using standoffs

Commissioned sign using :proofgrade: clear acrylic and :proofgrade: cherry and 3/4" standoffs. Reversed the engraving so it would be on the backside, and Viola!

22 Likes

Really nice. The white engraving pops.

8 Likes

Very classy. I am certain the client was quite pleased.

7 Likes

Looks like a lot of work, but turned out beautifully! Great job!

6 Likes

Fabulous!

How did you do the white outline on the black? Incredibly steady hand, or is a different channel, or ??

4 Likes

This turned out great!

3 Likes

Very professional! Impressive!

3 Likes

The black is the cherry plywood engraved on the bottom layer. The white is the engraved acrylic, but used an offset path and then outline stroke for the white. No steady hand, just illustrator trickery.

5 Likes

Oh wow - that’s brilliant!

4 Likes

That’s a clever technique. It doesn’t look like the black is lower than the acrylic. Cool result.

3 Likes

The engraving on the acrylic is on the back, reversed, so literally touching the wood engraving.

2 Likes

So very shallow standoffs? I don’t think I’ve seen ones that didn’t leave something of a gap between the lower section (post) and the cap.

2 Likes

I think the standoffs are three quarters of an inch, but I didn’t leave any gap between the two layers. This way the sign is mounted and stands off from the wall versus having a gap between the back and the front layer. Hopefully that makes sense

4 Likes