Vertical Text in Glowforge app

Hi Folks, another novice question. I have the Glowporge Pro and when I have a design/photo open in the glowforge there’s an option to add text. The text only goes horizontal. I s there a way I can have the text go vertical?
L
I
K
E
This?

Thanks and have a great day

1 Like

Yes, but it’s currently a lot easier to do it in outside design software.

To do it in the interface, type each letter individually and then left justify them using Ruler icon to the same X value.

8 Likes

I

L
i
k
e

Her answer!!!

1 Like

You can also center or right justify them if that looks better to you. The grid of dots tells you where the coordinates are being set. Not that I would recommend this, the UI alignment is still only a tool of last resort compared to something like inkscape or illustrator.

3 Likes

Thanks Jules. It would be nice if Glowforge added that feature.

Have a GREAT day
Grover

1 Like

Oh, you never know what’s coming… :wink:

1 Like

He’s a her

6 Likes

Shhhhh! You’ll blow my cover. :wink: :shushing_face: :kiss:
(I always figured my excessive use of emojis gave it away.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

you need to dot your “i’s” with :heart:'s

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a joy.
I use a Word doc, print as a PDF, and if I want to tighten the spacing, I can do so in the GF as each letter can be moved on its own–but I opt to check the center position for all, in case I shift it to the side & want to make sure aligned OK again… (also I have built up a big list of fonts in Word, but there are neat ones in the GF, too).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.