Victorian Buildings for Wargamers

These are collection of ground floor, upper floor and roof modules that can be mixed and matched to create different buildings and streets. They are for wargamers to use in making up quick and easy house, village and town scenes.

They come with a sheet of accessories, so you can make each building element look unique, adding signs, windows, even a cat to tailor each one. This is the first set, essentially victorian based buildings. I have steampunk and medieval buildings in progress.

83 Likes

To me, the presence of the finger joints is not at all intrusive. In fact it seems to be part of the architectural style of your village buildings.
Like it very much, even tho’ I’m not a war-gamer !
John :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Your design? Very cute! I really like the modular aspect.

2 Likes

I really like the burned edges of the roof, actually! This is a great project. My D&D group moves to online but this would’ve been great to have at table.

2 Likes

These are great! Love the bricks and roof tiles.

1 Like

Spectacular! I can’t wait for the glowforge catalog to open up to designers!

2 Likes

This is absolutely great.

1 Like

The joints look good. A little like a pomo version of the stone blocks they used to do for building corners.

2 Likes

I have to say I’m a big fan of the slightly burnt edges look - I genuinely like the aesthetic.

1 Like

These are lovely. I’m not a wargamer… can you give me a sense of scale (I think I know, but I’m not 100% sure)? How big are the figures?

1 Like

Love this! Reminds me of Skyrim

1 Like

4 inches square and about 2 inches high, what they call “heroic” these days, but really approximately 1/72

2 Likes

You should make options that scale for the different sizes of model train village and expand your market. I would buy the files to cut some for my Dad’s village if you were selling. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did think about it, but the quality is not right for railways, they want something much more realistic, whereas these are about function over form.

2 Likes

My D&D group would love them if they scaled to the standard 1 inch square figures.

1 Like

I think they do. Each 1 inch square is nominally 3ft

1 Like

It’s typically 1 square inch is 5 feet in the D&D world. Even then, these would be awesome to print and use anyway as “slightly big building”. Theater of imagination works wonders…

1 Like

Fantastic work! I love all the details like the bricks and shingles. Definitely going to be thinking about making these sorts of things in the future.

1 Like

Ok, so definitely in the right ballpark

What size figures do you use?

1 Like

These are amazing…

Need a banana for size reference…lol. Or an actually cat… :cat:

1 Like