Video Tutorial - How to make a jig

Hey everyone,

I put together a detailed tutorial on how to make a jig, I hope it helps you out. Took an hour to film it and about an hour and a half to edit and upload it so I hope it helps at least one person:

54 Likes

Looks like I’m person #6 - your ROI is looking pretty good :smiley:

2 Likes

Great video thank you.

1 Like

Thank you. I found this helpful.

1 Like

Your efforts are appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks.

1 Like

thank you for not trying to make it look like snapchat with bitmojis and (shudder) bright yellow/neon pink text superimposed all over the screen.

4 Likes

I’ve never used either in my life so wouldn’t even know where to start but I don’t care for that either. I usually just pick a premade icon for the image from with in the video unless all three are like a solid black image or a really poor shot then I’ll make an icon that is fitting.

2 Likes

I am glad to see that this helped quite a few people, thank you guys for the kind comments.

1 Like

I’m late to the show, but this is so helpful and I’m more hopeful using this laser. Thanks much!!

2 Likes

Welcome. Lots of helpful people and information here in the forum.

2 Likes

This was so helpful! Thank you for taking the time to make it! I’m brand new to using a laser anything, so I’m watching a ton of tutorials and videos. Greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Thank you! Can’t wait for my Glowforge to arrive!

2 Likes

Is there any way you can do this without a digital caliper?

I’m not going to watch the video to see why they used a caliper, but I’ve made several jigs and never needed one (I have several).

Secure jig material on bed, cut outline shapes, remove cut parts, then place item to be engraved/scored into cutouts and print, repeat as needed. If you need it to be repeatable at a later time, ensure the jig material is large enough to drop into a repeatable position, i.e. against the small lip along the front and side of the crumb tray. Some people have difficulty with the crumb tray location varying. I don’t, but if that’s the case, you need to search here for solutions for that as well.

Excellent wenning08, exactly what I needed. “Sam”

1 Like

Joshua, I know it takes you an immense amount of time to make your videos and design your projects. I always respect your time and effort.

No problem anytime. Thank you for your kind words.

Cool. I know how to make the jog but wanted to check out your finished skyline anyway. Still watched the whole thing.

1 Like