Viking Ship Build

First project out the gate, the wife wants the Viking ship… that was an experience. It came out pretty good in my opinion, the file does have a couple kinks in it but overall very happy with it and now time to learn some “new”, very old games!

50 Likes

So this is a game? Very cool looking.

7 Likes

Looks great

6 Likes

Wonderful work

6 Likes

It’s twelve games:
https://shop.glowforge.com/products/epic-viking-longship-12-medieval-games

16 Likes

Nice. Well done!

6 Likes

Great job! A big project for your first!

Please let us know what you think about the games.

6 Likes

That’s a helluva build, especially for your first project, congratulations and nicely done!
How many total sheets of material does it take?

9 Likes

That’s quite an entry, welcome to the funhouse! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

This turned out great! It’s on my ‘to do’ list! Impressive start!

4 Likes

Wow. Awesome!

3 Likes

What a great make! Welcome to the community, and thank you for sharing your work.

I’m interpreting some of those symbols as “Sea Cat” and “Water Horse”. Very, very cool.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it does actually make into the 12 different board style games from old Norse and Northern Europe areas. It was a lot of fun to build and includes the instructions in the print

3 Likes

Thank you

Thank you.

Thank you. They are actually geese and fox, according to one of the games that is included.

1 Like

Thank you! It used pretty much everything on the build list, 3 sheets of 12x20 Cherry, 1 Walnut, 1 Maple, a half sheet 0f 12x20 Leather, and I was able to get away with using a 6x12 piece of Basswood for the lighter shields. The hardest part in my opinion was the three days of pulling masking tape off all of the little pieces! LOL

6 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support and Cheers to many more builds for all of us!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Great job on that! A great way to easily remove masking is duct tape, especially on smaller pieces. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Truly an outstanding build, and that it’s your first project is very impressive. I like the leather sail.

5 Likes