VW Club Logo

I was given the first pic with the question, “Can you make me something?” After a few clarifying questions, I made this. The client was thrilled and so was I.

Materials:
Thick PG Maple
Thick PG Walnut
Thick PG Clear Acrylic (Back)

Size: 11" round

The “stand” that it’s on was stolen from another item I made just to prop it up to take the picture. There’s a rig on the back to hang it on the wall.

37 Likes

Really great execution! Where’s the acrylic?

1 Like

Thanks! On the back. You can see it when you look at the layers on the edge.

This came out great! Is there are structural purpose for the acrylic backing?

2 Likes

That really came out nice. Good job.

2 Likes

Haha! No, not really. Honestly, I finished the first two layers and I wanted to give it a little more weight and thickness to give it a better feel and I had the clear acrylic, so I added it. It feels and looks excellent! Probably not worth it from a money standpoint, but it absolutely added to the overall project.

4 Likes

That looks like a prime candidate for those LED stands that the light could show up behind the gold :sunglasses:

I think the acrylic does finish it off nicely based on the picture. I learn a lot by paying attention to people’s design choices so I always ask. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice looking piece.

2 Likes

Quite nice. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can see why they were thrilled … The acrylic really gave it a professional look.

1 Like

Thank you! I think so too. And the added weight in the hand gives it a substantial feel as well, which adds to the impression of value.

1 Like