Waiting for my GF....Is anyone there?...Hello?

yeah, but the last mile truck wasn’t the only truck that GF rode on over the 3-5 days before it got delivered. and it wasn’t the only time it was loaded on/off a vehicle.

i do believe it’s more likely, obviously, because i have picked mine up personally both times. one less time being handled by people who don’t care as much as i do means one less chance to break it. but it could just as easily get bashed up being shifted in/out of a semi as it could in/out of a box truck. hell, UPS lost my first one for a day after it made it to the depot, so who knows what they were doing w/it then.

well many people reported leaking coolant in teh truck when tehy got the delivery. that’s what I remember.

but it really boils down to “why take the chance?”

obliviously i agree, because i don’t take the chance. no need to add one more person handling it. just saying it could easily break in the semi or in the depot before it made it to the last mile truck. we wouldn’t know where that coolant leak started.

1 Like

Guys, guess what…IT SHIPPED. all is well in the world. I am happy and I will have my GF on Monday!

1 Like

In general I would have it delivered unless you have a decent SUV and even then it is still better as the box is bigger than you think and takes two reasonably strong people to move it about, or even get it out of the box safely.

Better also to have the Onus on them to get jt to the door in one piece, than having it bounce about in the back of a pickup in weather that can freeze the coolant.

My two cents. Nothing to do with glowforge, but the shipping. With the bad weather in the Midwest I am experiencing multiple delays in shipping. For example, I ordered some Baltic birch from Amazon which was supposed to be delivered on Monday. Late Monday I got a notice that it would not arrive due to weather. Tuesday they said Wed. Wed they said Thursday.
If this was the glowforge it would been impossible to take off work that many days.
I recommend that you tell UPS to hold at their local facility and you pick it up there. I did that and was happy.
Like someone else mentioned. The boxes are pretty big so have the right vehicle. It is best to have to people. But I did not and got by ok. If you have a 2 wheel cart. That helps.
Good luck.

This company is a scam. Message me for more info. They’ll probably delete my message soon. I got mine that doesn’t work. They won’t do anything. Should read the reviews that has 2 stars on Amazon.

i don’t think they’ll delete this post. they’ve left many far more critical posts up than yours.

if you have some valid criticism, please post it. cryptic “message me for info” posts don’t add to the discussion.

5 Likes

They won’t do anything if you just post on the forum randomly in someone else’s thread. For a non-working machine you should probably E-mail support@glowforge.com or start your own thread under the problems and support category.

1 Like

It’s already being resolved here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.