Walk like an Egyptian

Ahh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh…

2 Likes

Okay, last one. I swear. Just couldn’t resist.

18 Likes

You know, if i had one of those things around here i would never get anything else done. :smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it’s certainly sapping my productivity for other projects. Built two so far and working on a third. Want to see what the comes to mind when I have a small crowd.

1 Like

I love this. I been thinking of using one of these as a pen holder. I downloaded the arms from Rob Ives. Any idea where I can obtain drawings for the other parts?

Just google (image search, that is) “Rob Ives Maquette” and you’ll come up with a number of pictures of his posts. You can see an evolution of the design from the early stages to the more recent.

I’m pretty sure that the version I’ve created is the latest iteration. Like all designs, it lends itself to tweaking. I just made some changes this morning that should allow more control over the level of friction in the joints.

1 Like

Love this. My devious mind is already plotting how I can connect to an arduino or Pi to induce your creation to dance to the music.[quote=“snowgrains, post:22, topic:18752, full:true”]
Okay, last one. I swear. Just couldn’t resist.

[/quote]

7 Likes

This is giving me tons of inspiration, animals, robots… my kids would love it! All for the kids of course;)

I’m thinking what Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) did with his snowmen.

3 Likes

Absolutely fantastic!

Oh, you’re reading my mind. That’s exactly what I’ve wanted to draw my inspiration from!

Okay, I know I said “last one” - but it’s not my fault. My son is taking a photography class and stopped by to take some inspiration from some of my ‘creations’. He was drawn to the figure(s) and started posing them, Later sent me copies, so here they are:

Posable%20Pete%20(5%20of%2010)

15 Likes

ROFL!!! Spew!

1 Like

Way too funny, needs a clay-mation slo mo video!

2 Likes

Please give your son my compliments! Great series.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll pass that along.