Walkie Mic Holder

This is a pretty specific item but thought I’d share anyway. I belong to a car club that rallies on the weekends. Because the interior of my car is rather compact, I am always looking for a space saver. I made this three layer file to slide my Midland Mic into. I used 1/4 for the middle layer and 1/8 for the outer later and adhered with 3M. It fits a large Scosche Magic Mount plate and then the mic sticks to the cupholder or any other magnetic mount that I have in my car. I am sure the finished product would have looked better in a solid color rather than clear, but I am a hobbyist and clear is what I had an abundance of. Please don’t mind the messy car.
midland2

40 Likes

Fantastic solution. What kind of car is it?

12 Likes

Thanks. Mini Cooper. We take them out often and have a lot of fun with them. I never thought I’d be an old lady in a car club LOL.

13 Likes

When I was a kid in 1965 my mom bought a new Mustang and we would rally at least once a month for the next several years. They are a blast.

11 Likes

I bet you have some wonderful memories of that time! I hope I was able to do that for my own kids.

9 Likes

Nice, practical cut. Thanks for sharing.

16 Likes

Love it thanks for sharing

12 Likes

There is something extra satisfying about identifying a need (or want) and designing your own practical solution.

Well done!

12 Likes

Great practical cut and nice of you to share.

11 Likes

That turned out great.

11 Likes

Clever design!

9 Likes

Another problem seen, and solved with the Glowforge. Great job!

9 Likes

Mustangs are my favorite!!

3 Likes

Oh, fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

I wish I’d seen this 3 weeks ago… we just drove 3k miles with the same radio flopping around in the cab. I laser cut a box for the rest of the system & wires, but didn’t think to do what you’ve done here for the clip.

What 3m product did you use for the adhesive?

3 Likes

I wish I still had some of mine, like the '68 Shelby GT 500 convertible or the '69 Boss 302. My father had a Boss 429.

2 Likes

Awww… so fun!

3 Likes

So glad that my little project could help you in the future! I used 3M 300LSE to adhere the layers. I am about to modify this to make a clip for my seatbelt. I haven’t had much luck with headsets. I’d be interested if you have a headset you like!

2 Likes

Ohh I just got an idea. Maine i can utilize this concept for a phone holder on the car. I use a popsocket which I love, but their holder that fits on the vent -ugh. I hate it.

I’ll have to think about this and see what I can come up with. Thank you for the inspiration. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes