Wall Hanging Record Frames

We have an angled wall that my SO wanted to hang some records off, so voila! Record Frames with 4 screw holes :slight_smile:

Record Frame_V7
Right click to save!

The green lines are for lining up the interior risers, and if you use pre-finished on both sides material to give you something for the glue to grab on to!

The risers are off to the side - unless all your albums are skinny single-siders I recommend doing those out of 1/4 material (or doubling them up). It’s possible to get a double album into a skinny, but tough when you have to slide them by your screw-heads :slight_smile:

59 Likes

:+1: :+1: Double thumbs up for, economy of materials.

12 Likes

Excellent way to display Ian. I was lucky enough to see them in 1970 at Red Rocks.The next year was another story.

7 Likes

Great share! What better to do with favorites in our collection than make wall art out of the album art? Keep them long enough and they will be collectors items. “Yeah Grampa, that album would be worth $2,000 if you hadn’t made a clock out of it.

I lived in Morrison at the time, so it was in my backyard. I attended with the overflow crowd outside - until the teargas came out. There were no more Rock concerts for a number of years after that. The concert and the riot were quite the experience.

11 Likes

Nice share. excellent use of material.

5 Likes

Thanks so much :grinning: :grinning:

5 Likes

Wow what an experience! Thanks for sharing it.

4 Likes

Love it! Yet another thing to book mark for when I am not feeling so lazy.

3 Likes

We went to Red Rocks when we spent an extra night in Denver after a week at a dude ranch in WY, back in the early 2000’s. No concert, but it was open to explore, which we did after dinosaur ridge. We spent a couple of hours up there, watching the drag racing at Bandimere in the valley below. :grinning:

Then had dinner at The Fort, which I would highly recommend!

5 Likes

I’ve never been to Red Rocks - but it’s certainly cemented in my brain as a must-see venue! My only Tull concert was at the Mountain Winery in CA, which is also gorgeous as it’s on the top of a hill and only seats a few hundred people - that was my SO’s 4th time seeing them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I spent teen years climbing all over them. There are a few places I found where Native Americans hacked hand holds into faces where there was no other way up. Red Rocks is a wonderful geologic wonder of the sedimentary deposits eroded from the original Rockies, and must have been sacred to the natives. The strata was fractured and thrust up by the tectonic pressure that formed today’s Rockies.

Its a magnificent venue and the favorite of most musicians.
There is a museum underneath that is a must-see, with pictures of artists and autographed instruments donated by music icons.

The seating descends to the right at the same angle of the strata. The amphitheater is formed by two monoliths with the seating and stage between them.
Looking North, my Son and his wife with the strata of the Fountain Formation in Creation Rock on display behind them.

Google Photos

Ship Rock is on the South side, behind my Son’s family.

Google Photos

If ever you find yourself in Denver, don’t miss it.

5 Likes

Love this design! Especially the joinery features. I think I will do a slide in version as I still play mine a lot. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They slide in the top!

12 Likes

Nice design, and I do appreciate the tight nesting. Thanks!

5 Likes

Oh awesome! In looking at the SVG it seems to be enclosed on all four side. Am I visualizing it wrong?

5 Likes

The edging was outside the viewbox. So they didn’t show up in the image:

Record Frame_V7

The green outline is a guide for gluing.

6 Likes

My bad. I see them now. I was opening the file in browser and not inkscape.

4 Likes

I was on a shoot out there last year. We stayed into the weekend to go check out some scenery. On the way back from some trails, we saw a sign for it (I had forgotten it was even around there). I’ve always wanted to see a show at Red Rocks and my DOP is a huge music fan too, so we drove through it. Unfortunately, it started pouring as soon as we got there so we basically saw it through the windows. Oh well, I just have to go back!

4 Likes

Dig it!

3 Likes

Love the design! This is so good of you to share!

3 Likes