Wall-mount Earring Rack

Since I had a bazillionty pair of earrings spread over three racks and a drawer tray, I mocked up a quick wall-mount rack to hold the French hooks. It’s not a perfectly clean or glueless file, because I was just making one for personal use and not planning on doing anything else with it, but then I thought, hey, why not share in case someone else wants to run with the idea?

earring%20rack%20border

The tray fits into the bottom slots to hold loose pieces like ear cuffs, and I glued the skinny strips onto the back to bump the rack far enough out from the wall to allow clearance for the hooks.

A pattern engrave file I had left over from another project was layered over the whole thing, and here’s the finished product:

The material is medium draftboard (recycled from the alignment test I’d done the previous day).

46 Likes

It is a beautiful design but I think you might find that it overpowers the earrings,

4 Likes

Nice Job!

3 Likes

Very cool, thanks for the design! And that is an impressive earring collection.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I too find the design overwhelms the lovely earrings. Sometimes less is more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is lovely and very functional…I like the design, and figure that since you know your own earrings and are not displaying them to sell, the overwhelm factor won’t be an issue…Thank you for sharing the file!

4 Likes

Thank you for the file

1 Like

Kind of you to share the design. I really like the addition of a little tray at the bottom.

2 Likes

Great functional design - impressive earring collection! Thanks for the share :+1:

3 Likes

Wow, that is quite a collection!! Very cool design! Thank you!

1 Like

The rack is really nice but I love the eclectic collection of earrings. Earrings for every occasion from Pearls to Rubber chickens.

4 Likes

Need pictures of your rubber chicken earrings!

1 Like

There seems to be an issue with the file. I opened it in Illustrator and its 74 inches across, which I think might be a tad too big for the bed :slight_smile:
Any chance you can post a zip or PDF of the file?

I’m planning on promoting it to the Facebook group (www.facebook.com/groups/GlowforgeHelp) on Wed and we have a lot of new people in the group who won’t understand how to edit the file. I also don’t want to directly post the file, so I’m directing everyone to the post here.

I might not be getting it but where is the tray file?

Weird! I was trying out different vector programs back then, and this was done in something free (Inkscape, maybe?). I wonder if it screwed up the file somehow when saving? It was sized correctly when I uploaded to the GF.

My version of Illustrator is ancient, dating back to the days when you actually bought the software on physical media and didn’t subscribe to it. It won’t let me scale the SVG to specific dimensions. But if someone with Illustrator CC or another program can resize it correctly, I’ll happily add the corrected file to the top post!

The tray layers are nested into the cutouts between earring rows. The middle section (the one with the two tabs that slot into the holes at the bottom of the rack) is the main tray, and the top section (with the large rectangular cutout) is the lip that runs around the edge of the tray. I just stacked them with a bit of wood glue.

Shared this with the group today. Thanks for making the file available to the community! https://www.facebook.com/groups/GlowforgeHelp/permalink/734164137245149/

1 Like

There are earrings on it?:joy: