Walnut and coral earrings

Instead of getting sleep after a hard week at work I was messing around in Inkscape trying to understand how to design stuff.

Late night and 4ish hours later (which is part of the reason I said no to the design a day challenge)…

And just because I found one of my really old creations from years ago in the box in the background… I give you… (warning: not made on a GF)

40 Likes

Lovely! :slightly_smiling_face:
(Sleep is highly overrated.)

5 Likes

Some of the best stuff I’ve ever done was done at 4am. :slight_smile: Those are beautiful!

5 Likes

These are really lovely! The coral looks so perfect with the wood. Nice job!

2 Likes

I like these a lot, I’m constantly trying to design new earrings, and I hadn’t considered adding something like this to them. Great idea! Also, don’t be concerned with how long it takes you to design something. Shoot, even when I’ve spent hours designing something, months later I’ve gone back and made the design better. So I look at a lot of my projects and think, “these are done for now” but I know they might be improved later, making their total design time weeks or months!

6 Likes

Inspirational! That opens some doors…

5 Likes

Thanks, just so you know those are 10mm coral cabochons put in a section that’s engraved.

2 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

PG walnut ply?

1 Like

PG walnut hardwood. Has some flex to it being that thin

Sleep when I’m dead.

(I die regularly.)

3 Likes

I’ve had problems with the hardwood breaking too easily when cut that thin, so keep an eye on them!

1 Like

Pretty and delicate!

1 Like

Oh for sure, I had a couple failures in terms of thickness. I’m actually quite happy with this though. Delicate enough you don’t want to sit on it, but thin enough to still look like jewelry

4 Likes

Very nice! I really like how you combined it with the depth engrave acrylic.

Ahh not acrylic, just some coral cabochons I had on hand

1 Like

Great use for them. :+1:

1 Like

I see! Still, I can see how that could be done…

1 Like

Nice! That coral looks good on walnut. I like your wire wrap as well.

1 Like

They turned out lovely! Love your coral, and it goes so well with the walnut.

1 Like