Walnut shotgun stock project

Just started my first engraving on a walnut stock my god I was worried about getting this right !!! I think I spent about 4 hours just making sure alignments, focus and zooms and zaps where correct… phew I was worried lol :rofl:

My glowforge keeps jumping zoom wise when you autofocus… has anyone else noticed this ?? Scared the hell out of me with this project…

30 Likes

I’m sorry, I am not sure what you mean.

2 Likes

That’s the way auto focus works… When it uses the red dot laser to determine the focus distance, the image in the gui is adjusted to correctly show file alignment. You can trigger a manual focus via the “3 dots” icon at the top of the gui.

Hope this helps and welcome to the community!

12 Likes

Thank you … the moment you said it. It was like a light going on… perfectly makes sense!
Thanks you

3 Likes

This turned out great!

3 Likes

I am speechless. You totally nailed the placement. And the design is quite interesting, too. Great job!

3 Likes

You did a lovely job on that engrave. Looks like museum quality!

3 Likes

You are supper brave engraving on that beautiful walnut. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:. You should of seen me while it was engraving I kept on pacing through the house muttering to myself and had butterflies in me stomach lol :rofl:. You would of laughed so much

3 Likes

I bet you were sweating bullets :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you. Thank you very much. I’ll be here all week. :grin:

2 Likes

Next part completed :smiling_face:… some metal work done on the glowforge just thought I would keep you updated on the project… to be fair it’s coming to a close there isn’t anything I would want to add to it in fear of overdoing it…

4 Likes

Just showed my husband this. He’s a collector, as is his brother, dad, and late grandparents. He absolutely loves this. Fantastic job! It’s absolutely beautiful work.

3 Likes

Wow this is spectacular! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind comment! Iam delighted that they like it! :blush: I was very worried that the style wouldn’t be looked on well as it’s so different from the normal scroll work everyone expects. It’s very reassuring to hear from you so thank you very much!! :blush:

2 Likes