Walnut wedding album

Over the summer one of my friends got married and for their wedding gift, I decided to make them a keepsake wedding album. The cover was based on their wedding invite and the inside cover was a quote from their song.

The leather in the biding was also engraved with elements from the cover.

I had never made a binding this way before, but it turned out fantastic and is super strong and well.

I cant wait to make some more of these and add them to my product offering.

50 Likes

That’s quite stunning! The PERFECT thing to keep memories in!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Great gift!!!

1 Like

Very impressive gift.

1 Like

Great gift!

1 Like

Really wonderful!

1 Like

Really beautiful. I especially love the binding. I want to make an album for my Duck Stamp collection and that would make a great cover.

2 Likes

Wow! Really nice!

1 Like

Wow! Using the invite theme ties it together so we’ll! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s awesome. You have so many different crafting aspects inside this one project. Way to incorporate wood and leather, and binding-wow, very skilled.

I think it’s lovely you used their seeing incineration for inspiration.

Excited to get mine! The entire purchase is for our daughters wedding. Going to make a lot of items. But never thought to finish it off with an album. Great idea

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing the photos. Do you have any tutorial recommendations for how to bind albums?

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I haven’t been on the site in months.

I don’t really have any tutorials that i followed, just a lot of trail and error. This one was just contact cement and it has been holding up really well so far.

1 Like

This is beautiful!!!

Welcome Danielle! How long have you had your GF or are you waiting on a delivery? There are some amazing projects here… Looking forward to seeing what you create. :slight_smile:

Hi!!!

I JUST got it up and running yesterday and I’m beyond excited to see what I can do with this device!!! At my previous job, we used an Kongsberg Esko cutter for prototyping packaging, but I was able to do some fun things with it! Now I have this in my home and my brain is exploding with ideas! Can’t wait to share :slight_smile: :star_struck:

2 Likes

I know im late to the conversation but FREAKING AWESOME!!!