Want to Learn More About KERF?

Glowforgers,

A lot of people have been asking me about kerf.
What is it?
How do you calculate it?
How do you compensate for it?

So, I am hosting a live YouTube stream dedicated to kerf.
It will be on Tuesday April 30th at 1pm MST.
Here is a link: Kerf 101

Hope you can attend.

Warmly,
Jason

21 Likes

Ohhhh, I feel a 24 hour bug coming on about 6 days from now.
Kerf is a subject near and dear so I will do my best to be there. I can either learn something new or be that person at the back of the class that makes you expand on something you said. Maybe both!?

5 Likes

Thanks! I set up a reminder for this one.

1 Like

I am in

1 Like

Me too!

Bump,
I got a look at where Jason is going with this one, it’s going to be a good one. I hope a lot of you can tune in live.

Great job Jason!
Everyone needs to watch this unless you are a complete kerf expert; even then, you might pick something up.

@Jules this should be matrixed when the permanent version goes up.

1 Like

Yes, it will be. (I missed the first fifteen minutes or so because I lost track of the time, so I want to catch the beginning.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the permanent link for anyone who missed it live.
Very good presentation.

@Jules do your thing.

7 Likes

Arrrrgh! I had a reminder set but was away from my iPad and didn’t see it, so didn’t watch it live. I did go back and watched the recording.

It was a really thorough explanation of kerf for the beginner—thanks for that!

If you ever decide to follow up with more advanced kerf topics, here are a few I’d like to know more about:

• Are there any special considerations when adjusting for kerf on curved designs, like for instance a couple of interlocking spiral arms?
  • How to adjust for the conical shaped beam of the laser.
  • How to kerf compensate for part intersections, like for instance a design that has three parts that meet in a single point.

Thanks, Jason!

1 Like

Already done dude! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.