Warp in proofgrade wood products?

Seeing how the print head is held in place by neo-magnets, can’t see how this would be an issue. (Yes, I know that movement might be the concern, but head moves past other components, too.)

A quick search for Dan + magnets revealed

3 Likes

Good find, thanks.

Not an expert, but I’ve seen rare earth magnets bend and distort things from long distances. I plan on using cheap little welding magnets to make sure I don’t get interference.

The magnets that hold the head are a static magnetic field in relation to the electronics and captive with the other magnets or metal parts of the head that hold the head in place. I wouldn’t expect the head moving through the magnetic field of magnets holding down material to be a problem, but how strong are the magnets and (magnetic field) that might disrupt something enough to matter? :confused: - Rich

2 Likes

Ok. you win.

4 Likes

ROFL - Rich

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t have that information handy, and it’s challenging to collect as our material is stored flat and weighted so I’d have to go get measuring equipment and pull sheets. We are also actively working on warp control (this makes us sound like the engineering deck of the enterprise) so this number will change.

11 Likes

No worries, don’t need that info anymore.