Wavy lines after bump

My machine hit a bump somehow after using it to engrave - not sure on what since the draftboard was completely flat. I cleaned everything, moved the head back to the left and let it recalibrate. Cuts were still wavy, so I turned it off and left it, then restarted about 30 min later - still the same issue cutting acrylic or wood.

What should I do next?

Check that the gantry is properly on the rails on both sides. Sounds like it’s possibly dragging one side of the gantry slightly.

1 Like

I found the culprit but am not sure how to fix it. On the left side, there are 2 screws loose and a silver piece that slides freely on the belt. The holes on that will fit the screws but I can’t see to get them aligned to screw back in. I’m afraid to lift the whole thing off the track - any ideas?

Post a photo so we can see what it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found it in another thread on here - Found a thumping when my machine is cutting or scoring!

The belt clamp had come unscrewed so I followed those directions (just the last part) to put it back on and it’s working fine. I’m not sure what it bumped to make the screws come loose (maybe it’s just mimicking its owner - haha) but it seems to be cutting again!

11 Likes

awesome. glad to hear it.

Thank you - I’m scared to death of screwing this thing up! :slight_smile: Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

I know how you feel, I found a screw last time I took my crumb tray out. No idea what it’s for or if something is missing it :frowning:

But hey, it’s still working so fingers crossed right?

1 Like

It’s so nice when someone comes back and reports they found the problem and it is solved. Not only are we not left wondering but you will likely help someone else in the future when they search for a similar problem.

8 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. Thank you for the update that the advice you found on the forum got you back up and printing!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.