'Wax' seal

Thanks for doing the trial :slight_smile:

Ok, so I’ve done some tweaks. I saved this time as SVG (I normally use PDF from Illustrator). Both are PG 3D engrave settings with no customisation (vary power).

Bottom one is increased to 450ppi raster image and centre divot is now black (ie full power) in case it was the grey I used. I think the vertical lines are now even more apparent.

Top one is the same, but after I cleaned all the optics and rails in case it was some diffraction issue round some dirt. No joy :frowning:

Perhaps an idiosyncrasy of my GF?

SVG follows for those that might be interested.

Asset 15.svg.zip (135.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m not even going to attempt an exact 90 degree rotation!

Maybe, I sometimes see patterns too.

Maybe fundamentals of how stepper motors work? Maybe inherent to the strain forces in a belt? I suppose it’s possible that your belt is either over or under tightened (over seems more likely because under would give you other issues).

Your pattern does seem a bit stronger than mine.

I’d open an email ticket. P&S will just fill up with lookie loos who speculate for days and offer little help on strange stuff. (Says the speculating lookie loo)

3 Likes

I wonder if you tried 2500/F/1355 what the lines would look like?

I haven’t got the faster speed yet :frowning:

This was those settings on Baltic Birch,…

there are vertical lines but I think they are wood grain and discontinuous.

1 Like

I just ran it again on '3D Engrave" setting, which is 501/F/340lpi, deeper engrave of course, but now I am also seeing vertical lines.

It has to be in the software.

2 Likes

I just ran it again with the same lpi (340) but at 200/30, and the vertical banding is almost identical to your original pic. Very strange.